PDS: Visit the National Memorial for Peace and Justice with the JCMP
Take a day trip to the Legacy Museum and the National Memorial for Peace and Justice in Montgomery! This trip will be led by members of the Jefferson County Memorial Project. We will be carpooling to Montgomery and the museum admission is $10. Here is the Itinerary the JCMP has provided for us:
- 8:00 am – Meet at UAB’s AEIVA at, 1221 10th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205, we will be carpooling to Montgomery!
- 9:45 am – 11:15 am – Self guided tour of The Legacy Museum: From Enslavement to Mass Incarceration.
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm – Self guided tour of the National Memorial for Peace and Justice.
- 1:00- 1:45 pm – Lunch at Tomatinos Pizza and Bake Shop.
- 1:45 pm – 2:30pm – Community Discussion and debrief exercises led by JCMP Member Mariohn Michel
- 2:30 pm – EJI Info Session
- 3:00pm – Depart for Birmingham
- 5:00 pm – Arrive at AEIVA